Hackers Attack The War Z servers 0 Published: 7. Jan 2013 By Icy
The War Z was forced to offline currently.
Controversial zombie survival game The War Z has found itself a victim of multiple hacking attempts over the last few days. Speaking on the game's official forums, community manager Kewk detailed the various attempts at disrupting the game: "Guys over the last few days we have been under attack by various forums [sic] of malicious attempts to shut down our servers."
"First we were hit with an attack that would rest [sic] our DNS IP so that you could not connect. This was solved a couple days ago early in the morning but took time to actually resolve world wide once the fix went in."
A couple of days later the game found itself "being hit, again, with a DDoS attack on our login server. We are implementing additional DDoS protection and hope to have this resolved asap. Unfortunately with these types of attacks it is very difficult to give a good time frame of when it will be resolved."
Kewk also detailed the various attempts at resolving the problems, with some successes for developer Hammerpoint Interactive. Right now it seems like the issues have been mostly fixed, though users trying to play from the now-removed Steam version still appear to be running into issues.
Last week, Sergey Titov, The War Z creator showed his sorry for game's misleading release and Steam delisting later. He saud that he "became arrogant and blinded by the early success and quick growth" of the game.
- Deep Down Gets an Enlish-version Gameplay Trailer, Giving Hope for a Localization
- The E3 2014 Trailer for Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
- Respawn Entertainment Acquires Ex-God of War lead Stig Asmussen
- Nolan North: Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End May Be the Last Installment of the Series
- Nintendo Explains Why Twitch Streaming Isn’t on the Wii U
- New 'World Football Championship' Game Mode Added to World of Tanks
- AC: Unity Female Character Petition Has Got 2,807 Signings
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Gets New Gameplay Footage
- Sony's Yoshida Promises to Tell Us If They Cancel the Last Guardian
- What You Need to Know about Assassin’s Creed Unity