What’s the truth about Persona 5? 2 Published: 1. Aug 2013 By Link
The Shin Megami Tensei franchise earned a cult audience long ago with the hardcore-pleasing JRPGs in its main series and spin-offs; we just gave high marks to Shin Megami Tensei IV. But the franchise’s popularity reached new highs, both in its native Japan and the west, with the Persona side games. Persona 3’s interesting mix of dark themes and day-to-day high school life pulled in many new fans, as did the great storytelling and empathetic characters. Persona 4 shared those strengths, but its more mundane setting somehow made it more engrossing, as players came to savor every day of their year in the quiet town of Inaba.
Both Persona 3 and 4 proved popular enough to support multiple re-releases and even one fighting game, and while there’s been no lack of SMT games over the last few years, fans have been waiting patiently for Persona 5. As the sequel’s true reveal becomes increasingly inevitable, we pulled together all the rumors and innuendo there’s been about Atlus’ long-awaited game into one helpful document. After reviewing everything we know about development to date, you’ll no doubt agree that the announcement may be just a few months, or even weeks, away...
- Latest Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate Trailer and Character
- The DualShock 4 Now Be Used Wirelessly on PS3
- All the New Game IP Collection at E3 2014
- Deep Down Gets an Enlish-version Gameplay Trailer, Giving Hope for a Localization
- The E3 2014 Trailer for Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
- Respawn Entertainment Acquires Ex-God of War lead Stig Asmussen
- Nolan North: Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End May Be the Last Installment of the Series
- Nintendo Explains Why Twitch Streaming Isn’t on the Wii U
- New 'World Football Championship' Game Mode Added to World of Tanks
- AC: Unity Female Character Petition Has Got 2,807 Signings