Dead Space series will live on 1 Published: 18. Jun 2013 By Knox
Electronic Arts says Dead Space series will live on though they haven’t worked on Dead Space 4.
The Dead Space series is a "great brand" for Electronic Arts, but a new entry in the series not in active development, the publisher has confirmed.
"I wouldn't say [the Dead Space franchise is] cancelled at all," EA Games boss Patrick Söderlund said. "Dead Space remains a brand that is close to Electronic Arts' heart. It's been a great brand for us done by a very passionate team."
Söderlund explained that Dead Space 3 developer Visceral Games is now working on an "exciting new project," which he believes is a better fit for the studio than a fourth entry in the action-horror series.
"Is that team working on a Dead Space game today? No they're not," he said. "They're working on something else very exciting. You have to think of it from that perspective. Is it better to put them on the fourth version of a game they've done three previous versions of before? Or is it better to put them on something new that they want to build, that they have passion for?"
Visceral Games is one of three EA studios working on all-new Stars Wars games, joining DICE and BioWare.
Some source said in March that Dead Space series was called off because of the fail of Dead Space 3, and EA denied that.
- Previous: PS4 DC Universe Online, PlanetSide 2 not require PlayStation Plus subscription
- Next: Battlefield 4 alpha trial starts, vehicle customization images revealed
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Gameplay
- Battlefield 4: Final Stand Video
- Watch the first Battlefield: Hardline campaign gameplay footage
- Mass Effect Trilogy’s executive producer left Bioware
- BioWare releases third teaser for new project